Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting solution refers to stockpiling and/or sharing specific web content on a web hosting server handled by a web hosting provider. There are various varieties of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's have a look at these. In this way, you can elect what you want, depending on whether you wish to launch a web portal, e-mail address accounts, or to share files with comrades and partners.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by some firms, which allows you to share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single goal is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage plans frequently include ads by the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a particular span of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file storage plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a totally mistaken explanation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would apportion the tasks at hand between separate groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous website hosting services (email, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a brand of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain corporations offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting brand is appropriate if you want to share a great number of images with chums or partners since the solution is mostly free. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to taking care of your e-mail accounts. Some firms offer web page hosting solutions for web pages, but do not supply an email hosting solution. If you desire to have a mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a web site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can open e-mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this method instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file generates a given amount of CPU load, so with a few videos and several hundred site visitors, you may have trouble with your site hosting supplies. Embedding the video will permit you to operate as many video files as you want without bothering about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to have a web site. To a certain degree, it embodies all of the aforesaid hosting kinds since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and mails, upload video clips, and so on. At AIDA Host, for example, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting accounts that permit you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in one single location. There may be restrictions based on the kind of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web site hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the conventional email/file/video/image hosting plans that are meant for particular content solely.